You shall be like a watered garden
And like a spring of water
whose waters do not fail.
HCF began in October 1987 as a church plant from Golden Heights Christian Center in Brockport. At that time Golden Heights had a number of families from Orleans County attending church in Brockport. The leadership of the church felt led by God to begin a new church in the village of Albion in Orleans County. Pastor Lindsay and his wife Laurie were asked to pioneer this new work.
HCF held services for three and a half years in the Firemen's Recreation Building and purchased our current facility at 560 East Avenue in October 1991.
HCF is affiliated with Lifenet Apostolic Network as a means of accountability and relationship with other churches and ministries. In addition HCF has made it a priority to walk in unity and fellowship with other churches in and around the Orleans County area. Ministries such as PACT (Pastors Aligned for Community Transformation), the Care Net Center of Greater Orleans and the Orleans County Christian School have been raised up as a result of these relationships and partnerships.
We define our mission around these three words.
The heart of the Christian message is love. Jesus said in Mt. 22:37-40 "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the Prophets."
We are called to love God and to love our neighbor - both inside and outside of the church. Everything that we do and say must flow from this motivation.
We are also called to serve. We serve God and our fellow Christians. That service takes on many, many different forms. Jesus said, "Whoever desires to be great among you, let him be your servant... just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." (Mt. 20:26-28)
The church is called to be salt and light. We cannot do that effectively inside the walls of our sanctuary. The church must find meaningful ways to reach out to the world around us. That includes the community in which we live as well as places beyond. We serve a God who has infinite creativity and we believe He will show us how to most effectively fulfill this mandate in our unique places and circumstances.
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible, authoritative, and inerrant Word of God (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:21).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:1; Mt. 28:19; Jn. 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (Isa. 9:6; Micah 5:2; Jn. 1:1; Jn. 10:33; Heb. 1:8); His virgin birth (Isa. 7:14; Mt. 1:23; Lk. 1:35); His sinless life (Heb. 4:15; Heb. 7:26); His miracles (Jn. 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Cor. 15:3; Eph. 1:7; Heb. 2:9); His bodily resurrection (Jn. 11:25; 1 Cor. 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mk. 16:19); His personal future return to this earth in power and glory (Acts 1:11).
- We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ (Jn. 3:16-19; Acts 2:38; Rom. 10:9-10; Eph. 2:8-10).
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature (Jn. 3:3; Rom. 3:23; Rom. 5:8-9; Titus 3:5).
- We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing in the human body in answer to believing prayer (Isa. 53:5; Mk. 16:17-18; Jas. 5:14-15; 1 Pet. 2:24).
- We believe that the baptism in the Holy Spirit is given to believers who ask for it (Lk. 24:49; Acts 1:5; Acts 2:4; Acts 8:14-17; Acts 10:44-46; Acts 19:6).
- We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life (Rom. 8:13-14; 1 Cor. 3:16; 1 Cor. 6:19-20; Eph. 4:30; Eph. 5:18).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (Dan. 12:2; Jn. 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Rom. 8:9; 1 Cor. 12:12-13; Gal. 3:26-28).
Regional & National Affiliate Ministries
To partner together with like-minded pastors and Christians by praying together, planning together, and participating in worship and mission events together in an effort to present multiple opportunities throughout the region for every man, woman, and child to hear and respond to the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Acts 1:8“ But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Acts 2:42-47“ They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”